SFD quickly takes care of Denny Blaine house fire on frozen night

Seattle fire fighters quickly brought an E Howell house fire under control early Monday morning.

According to radio dispatches, the fire was limited to an external portion of the 3412 E Howell structure and appears to have started because of discarded ashes from the fireplace.

The fire was first reported just after 4:30a and was one of two blazes battled by SFD this morning. With temperatures below freezing, crews were able to make their way to the area following a snowy Sunday that left a blanket of snow over much of central Seattle. Meanwhile, crews continued to work on the other fire at a multifamily structure just off Queen Anne Ave.

UPDATE: Seattle Fire says damage was minor and that the residents were able to continue occupying the house. There were no injuries.

Comments are closed.