Artists at Hiawatha Lofts will be opening up their studios Saturday for the Hiawatha Spring Fest. Presented by the Jackson Place Business Association, the fest includes visual arts, dancing and a root beer float social.
Activities go from 2-6 p.m. at Hiawatha Lofts and Pontedera Condos near S Dearborn St and Hiawatha Pl. Here’s the schedule:
• CAFE WEEKEND – Hiawatha business – hosts a neighborhood social & coffee brewing demo alongside local roaster Caffé Vita coffee from 2-6pm
• MY WORLD DANCE & FITNESS – Hiawatha business – will hold an open ½ hour Zumba class for those who might want to sneak some cardio in while enjoying the combination of latin dances from flamenco and salsa movements while at Spring Fest.
• WORKING DOG BICYCLES – Hiawatha business – will lead an open repair demonstration for those who want to learn how to fix a flat bicycle tire. Bring your wheel! Other necessary supplies will be provided.
• CHRIS ROLLINS – Hiawatha Artist/resident will demonstrate & showcase handmade linoleum cut block printing of our official HIAWATHA SPRING FEST poster. This is a great opportunity to learn a new skill from a talented local artist! Check this out at the adjoining Hiawatha plaza Pontedera Condos work/live studio.
• CLAIRE JOHNSON – SOIL collective member & JENNIFER BLOOM – Hiawatha Artist/residents – Pet portraitist will host an open studio along-side other select Hiawatha Artists with current works from 4-6pm only.
• NOLA AHOLA & JENNIFER SIEVERS – Hiawatha Artist/residents will showcase current works in UNFRAMED group show alongside other Hiawatha Artists in Hiawatha community room & Hiawatha hallways.
• SYED TAQI & ANNE KOSUGI – Hiawatha Artist/residents – Seattle Capoiera will lead an opening introduction to Spring Fest with capoiera roda showcasing movements for all ages alongside drum instrumentals in the Hiawatha central plaza & 30 min. to follow.
• CD ART PROJECT – will display up & coming public art workshops and community gatherings in the Hiawatha Community space.
• PRATT FINE ART – Youth Artworks will lead a drop-in art activity for all ages at the adjoining Hiawatha plaza Pontedera Condos work/live studio.
• SLEEPING BULLDOG B&B – Seattle’s newest & JPC’s only Bed & Breakfast will debut their new space & details in the Hiawatha Community space.
• PARFAIT – Seattle’s small batch handmade organic ice cream truck will be on site for the afternoon ice cream social.
New Works & Performance –
HIAWATHA ARTISTS/ RESIDENTS & FRIENDS:
* SELECT OPEN STUDIOS 4 – 6pm only
Nola Ahola | Claire Johnson | Anne Kosugi | Michael Lyons | Jess Milhausen | Jennifer Bloom | Niles Peacock & Peacock Brothers | Chris Rollins | Akiva Segan | Jennifer Sievers | Scott Walsh | plus more
Business / Participants & Demonstration –
HIAWATHA BUSINESSES/ FRIENDS:
Café Weekend | Pontedera Condos | My World Dance & Fitness | Working Dog Bicycles | Sleeping Bulldog Bed & Breakfast | Pratt Fine Arts | CD Arts Project | Parfait Organic Ice Cream | Caffe Vita | plus more
I’m excited for this weekend! Great work!
Capoeira, arts n’ crafts, home made ice cream, prints. This event had it all. Thank you for bringing the community together!