Saturday 4:05 AM heard a gunshot following lengthy arguing somewhere in area. I am in 700 block of 30th S. Fire real time 911 shows response to assault with weapon at 7xx 28th South at 4:17. Any information?
Update by scott: I’ve been spending the last hour trying to piece this one together. Here’s the outline:
- 3:30am – 2600 block of S. Lane – Possible robbery in progress. Report of 5-6 males accosting another male. Suspects described as black males, 18-20s, on in white tank stop & shorts, other in white t-shirt.
- 3:37am – Another caller says that a group of males is carrying an unconscious male
- 3:45am – Police get information that the victim in the assault may have gone to Harborview for treatment. An officer sent there to check it out later reports that the victim had been there but refused treatment and left.
- 4:05am – Officers investigating the original crime hear shots fired from about 100 feet away and around the corner from them. A white van was seen leaving the area. They think the shots may have been targeting people that police had been interviewing.
- 4:08am – The van is stopped at MLK & Lane, occupants detained, but the van checks clear after a search.
- Witnesses say the shooter was a black male, wearing a red sports jersey and jeans
- 4:15am – Caller in the 700 block of 28th South reports there’s a man in their backyard.
- 4:17am – Police arrive and find a man with a gunshot wound lying next to the house in the 700 block of 28th S. A gun is recovered, and shell casings are found about 30 feet from the victim.
- 4:20am – Police realize that the victim with the gunshot wound is the same one from the previous incident that had refused to stay at Harborview. Medics were brought in to treat him, but his current condition is unknown.
- 4:25am – Police determine that there’s a second outstanding suspect who is likely the shooter. Homeowner said he heard shots fired and saw a man running through his backyard, jumping over his fence.
Update x2: by scott – I think this is going to be downgraded a bit. According to an SPD source I spoke to this afternoon, the man involved was highly intoxicated and may have been the only party involved in the shooting. i.e, although a gun and a shell casing were recovered, it appears that they both belonged to the victim.
there was quite a bit of yelling going back and forth, location unknown, but it was a black male going on and on about something, swearing and swearing.
things seemed to quite down a bit, then bang bang. geez, can’t these people just talk things out without resorting to shooting. i guess the only good thing to come out of this is that they just shoot each other and not innocent people! hoping for a quite evening.
…they just shoot each other
yeap! i call it the way i see it…how would you call the situation…3 a.m. gun fire, these are not up standing individuals we are talking about. can’t argue that.
I would call the situation like this: your words make you sound racist. That makes you an individual who is not upstanding. Can’t argue that either.
Hey pfff, please enlighten us how some “highly intoxicated” individual who fires a weapon in our neighborhood is anything but worthless. I was thinking loser after the yelling at 3 AM.
I’m disappointed and frustrated that gun fire and fighting continue in our neighborhood. yet each human life has value and worth. Words are powerful–use them wisely. I’m disappointed to hear such racist banter in the n’hood.
Let me be clear. I am NOT condoning the action of this individual on that particular night. I am also not a fan of being woken up by others at odd hours. And I am afraid of gun violence.
I have a huge problem with the language that Jay Coleman uses and you endorse to express your frustration with the situation. It is racist. It makes me angry when my neighbors speak in such racist terms.
I think every life has worth and I definitely don’t think it is my right to decide if somebody’s life is worthless.
pfff, get off your high horse and stop creating problems. You sure Jay just didn’t mean “these people” who wake him up too early in the a.m. as stated in his subject line? I doubt you even know this individual and you defame his character based of a few words you don’t like. Incredible. Just to be clear, I never endorsed any language Jay used but his message about those who yell in the middle of the night, shoot instead of talk and hoping for a quiet night. I guess I don’t feel the need to always look for the worst in people or situations. Sad, I only had to say, with Jay here, three words and you try to lump me in with what you see racist behavior. You don’t know me either so don’t you dare slander me.
pfff, you are reading into things and bringing in issues that are not relevant to my post. since I didn’t take the time to get up, leave my house, walk over, introduce myself, and get names, the fellas yelling, screaming, and shooting will be referenced as “these people” – as BK stated, it is 3 a.m. and there is shooting, can’t really say that they are contributing to society, can you?
You really do need to lay off a bit. It seems that weekly you are trying to make people racists without any thought to how it is YOU sound to others. Seriously, just relax and quit reading into things…. maybe you are the racist.
this talk about racism all the time these days is crazy. those kids on that block are in a fucking cult. they are fucking crazy. you are stupid for living there if you have nothing to do with that, and you are some kind of bootyhole fefe if you cry racism for calling suicidal teenage gangbangers stupid. thats like callin the spd assholes, grow up, this country has the same conversation all day every day and gets nowhere.