For most of us in the Central District we can only use the fabulous Broadstripe for our cable and broadband ISP service. I only have the basic cable service which they give me free with broadband service – no cable box (uses your digital QAM tuner on your digital TV).
Last night while surfing the upper channels I found that 80-1 and 80-2 are now full-on Porn channels. Channel 79 is TVLand and 80-3 is college football ESPN. Nice sandwich there huh? As of thus writing they are still Porn. If you have children and you have basic cable with a digital tv and no cablebox then it is time to make a phone call.
Was selling my old Iphone after I upgraded and met a couple at the Starbucks on 23rd and S Jackson street to show it to them around 7:30 PM tonight (July 14th). While walking back to my house a few blocks away a man walking behind us was walking faster than us and I moved to the right to give him room – I am about half speed with the torn ligament and knee brace I was wearing from a basketball injury I recieved a week ago.
He was able to snatch the Iphone box out of my hand as he said “give me that” and run away while I watched. I am not exactly angry but more shocked that someone would do that to someone who looks like I do. Thirty seconds later I was on phone with police (7:47 PM) giving them a description but I doubt I will get the phone back.
He tailed us from the Walgreens entrance I believe as I noticed him behind us but I have felt no fear of any crime since I have lived here that I did not pay enough attention. I doubt that he is much of a threat to most but as described to police:
Black male, close cropped hair, white t-shirt, blue jean shorts, 5′ 10″ tall, weighing 230 pounds. No seen tattoos or distinguishing marks, 25 to 30 years old, no hat, no shoe description.
Someone I could run down easily if I was not injured but I was an easy target with my brace and my slow gait.
I will be more aware of those around me from now on, even when I can move quickly.
On the iPhone, at least, you can do this via the FStream application (which is free.)
It just takes a little setting up (basically you need to enter the URL for the stream) but it works perfectly.
The nice thing about FStream is that you can manually enter any stream you want (which I don’t think is an option in Wunder Radio, you have to pick from their preloaded streams.)
As a firefighter I find it somewhat useful.
Here’s how to do it with FStream.
1. Download Fstream from the app store (free).
2. From your PC, go to http://www.scanamerica.us/index.php,click on your state, then county (dark blue counties are only supported), and load the streaming version on your PC (windows media player).
3. When the audio is streaming, go to properties, you should see an address similar to http://icecast.scanamerica.us/denver,write this address down.
4. Load Fstream on your iPhone, go to favorites, edit, add new webradio.
5. For name just enter a description, for URL use the address from above (i.e. http://icecast.scanamerica.us/denver).Don’t need anything for format and bitrate.
6. Go to more, enable cellular network.
7. Go to play, and select the on the favorite line that you just created. It should connect, buffer and stream that police chatter on your iPhone.
The stream link for Komo news’ scanner redistibution is:
Or you can pay $5.99 for Wunderradio or if you have a Blackberry use Moodio for free.