From Metro:Save the date: Metro to host public meetings in February to gather feedback on proposed Sept. 2012 Changes
Last November, Metro asked for public comment on suggested service changes related to the Sept. 2012 start of the RapidRide C and D lines. We are incorporating that feedback into a revised service change proposal that will be ready for public review next week. Like the changes we originally suggested last fall, this proposal will include changes to routing, frequency, and the times of day when routes will operate.
Would you help us inform the people you serve about this revised proposal and their opportunities to provide input?
Next month we’ll be hosting a number of public meetings, community partner conversations, and information tables in many communities, including Burien, West Seattle, White Center, South Park , Beacon Hill, Madrona, the Central District, Southeast Seattle, the University District, South Lake Union, Ballard, Queen Anne, Magnolia, Fremont , and Green Lake . Details about the proposed routing changes and a survey will be available online after Feb. 1 at www.kingcounty.gov/metro/haveasay.
Public meetings: Please join us for one of these open houses or check our online calendar for a presentation or information table in your neighborhood. We’ll continue to update this calendar as additional events are confirmed, so please check back for the latest schedule.
- Feb. 13 – Ballard (Ballard High School, 1418 NW 65th St, Seattle, 6-8 pm)
- Feb. 15 – West Seattle (Madison Middle School, 3429 45th Ave SW, Seattle, 6-8 pm)
- Feb. 16 – Delridge/White Center (Chief Sealth High School, 2600 SW Thistle St, Seattle, 6-8 pm)
- Feb. 21 – Downtown Seattle (Union Station, 401 S Jackson St, Seattle, 12-2 pm)
- Feb. 23 – Queen Anne (Queen Anne Community Center, 1901 1st Ave W, Seattle, 6-8 pm)
- Feb. 27 – Central Area/Mt Baker (Washington Middle School, 2101 S Jackson St, Seattle, 6-8 pm)
Please spread the word to people involved with your organization:
- · Forward this email to your email distribution lists
- · Post this information to your blog or other social media
- · Include this information in your next newsletter
Learn more about other plans, policies, and projects where Metro wants the public to have a say:
- · Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/haveasayatkcmetro
- · Metro Matters blog: http://metrofutureblog.wordpress.com/
***Please help us get this information to the right person within your organization! If I should be sending this email to someone else or a different email address, please email me back with the appropriate contact information. Thank you!
· Request hardcopy posters to post or distribute (available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese)
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions – and thanks for all the work you do!