A home at 29th and Marion suffered $55,000 in damage in an early Wednesday morning attic fire started by overheated wiring. According to Seattle Fire, a family of three was displaced by the fire.
Investigators believe an overheated electrical line in the attic ignited the wood joists and rafters causing damage to the roof and attic space.
Seattle Fire crews arrived to find smoke coming from the attic of the one-story home at 829 29th Ave just after 3:20a. The fire was brought under control in under 30 minutes. All three occupants safely evacuated before the first fire engine arrived.
A Seattle Fire Investigator determined the fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the structure and $5,000 in damage to the contents. There were no reported injuries.
Crews were to remain on scene of the fire until noon to ensure it does not reignite.
Original Report: Emergency crews responded to a house fire near 29th and Marion early Wednesday morning.
Seattle Fire arrived to find smoke coming from the attic of the one-story home at 829 29th Ave just after 3:20a. The fire appeared to be under control within 20 minutes.
There were no immediate reports of injuries at the scene.
Police expected to be on the scene for another hour to close off streets as crews mopped up and investigated the fire.