The big annual Glitter Sale at the Dearborn Goodwill is November 12-13. Seattle Goodwill is also highlighting some of the choicest items on the Glitter Sale Blog.
Last year’s sale raised nearly $160,000. The sale benefits Goodwill’s job training and education programs.
From Seattle Goodwill:
Dates: Saturday, November 12 & Sunday, November 13, 2011, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Location: Seattle Goodwill’s Dearborn St. Store, 1400 South Lane St., Seattle, WA 98144
Description: The 28th Anniversary of Goodwill’s annual sale of holiday and formalwear as well as designer and vintage clothing and accessories. As always, merchandise will be priced at Goodwill’s fabulously low prices.
Extras: * Special selection of vintage hats available
* PEMCO’s WALLY (We’re A Lot Like You) truck will be on hand bright and early Saturday morning to serve coffee and donuts to early risers
* The Storm’s mascot, Doppler, will be on hand Saturday morning to greet shoppers as the doors open and for photo opps.
* Merchandise will be restocked throughout the weekend.
Proceeds: All sales benefit Seattle Goodwill’s free job training and education programs in our community. Because jobs change lives.
Preview Read the Glitter Sale Blog for a “sneak peek” at sale merchandise www.glittersale.blogspot.com; Follow us on Twitter at GlitterSale_Gal.
Designers: Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Carolina Herrara, Tignanello, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana
Shopping tips: Wear a leotard or swimsuit to try on clothes; there are no dressing rooms.
* Keep an open mind – The Glitter Sale is the ultimate treasure hunt – you never know what you will find!
* Arrive early for best selection.
* Take a number for assistance at the jewelry counter.
* Bring a friend for fun and advice.
* Goodwill will provide mesh shopping totes.
Here’s a video of last year’s sale: