With 23rd Ave closed and the snow still falling, the Central District is, again, hobbled by winter weather. As in 2008, CD has company. Here’s the list of closures tonight from SDOT:
Roadways currently closed include:
· The Alaskan Way Viaduct has reopened northbound; southbound it is open as far as 1st Ave. SDOT is working to reopen portions south of 1st Ave. within the next two hours.
· West Dravus Street between 20th and 27th Aves.
· Battery St. Tunnel southbound
· NE 5100 block of Latona Ave. N
· Denny Way between Melrose and Stewart Sts.
· 23rd Ave. E at E Alder St.
· Marion St. between 1st and 2nd Aves.
City Light reports scattered outages, primarily on Beacon Hill, affecting about 250 customers systemwide.
These Seattle Parks and Recreation community centers have closed for the night: Alki, Delridge, Hiawatha, Van Asselt, Magnolia, Montlake, Yesler, Magnuson, Laurelhurst, Bitter Lake, Loyal Heights, Green Lake, Northgate, International District/Chinatown, and the Garfield Teen Life Center. All others will close at their regular times.
The EOC will remain open as needed to monitor weather conditions and provide information about the operations of city departments in response to traffic, road conditions, shelter, and other circumstances relating to today’s storm.
How have things fared on your street? And how sparse will the 23rd/Madison Safeway’s shelves be come Wednesday?