There was a huge fire response on the Lake Washington Shoreline this afternoon when a malfunctioning washing machine caused a woman’s home to fill up with smoke.
Fire crews arrived and found that the cause was the washer’s belt drive which had overheated and caused the smoke, but no fire.
Lake Washington Blvd is now back open in both directions after having been shut down for about 15 minutes.
BTW: What’s not “next to nothing” is a bike ride uphill on E. Alder/Lake Dell/Yesler Way. Not sure why I thought it would be easier than Madrona Drive.