Although there’s no way to establish a trend from one new townhouse project, the Northwest Multiple Listing Service has released their full set of data for July, showing a 7.55% increase in price on closed sales in the Central Area.
Median sale price was $570,000, compared to $530,000 a year ago. Note that the data includes pricey waterfront areas of Leschi and Madrona, which accounts for the high price levels.
That came on top of a 25% increase in the number of closed sales, and an 8% increase in total listing activity.
Redfin’s data shows a mix of up and down prices for smaller chunks of the neighborhood: (note that the number of sales gets small at this level, leading to larger swings in the data)
- Central District median sales price up 23.3% to $385,000 vs. the same period in 2009
- Leschi median sales price up 74.6% to $550,000
- Madrona median sales price up 0.8% to $705,000
- Madison Valley median sales price down 10.8% to $452,000
- Jackson Place/Colman median sales price down 19.1% to $267,000