Community Post

Chicken Fire at 721 24th

Crews are on the scene of a fire in the 700 block of 24th, which neighbors tell me is the result of some chicken burning on the stove.

The fire was quickly brought under control.

Small amounts of black smoke were coming out of an open window on the 2nd floor of the thee story apartment building.

Unfortunately, it appears that at least one resident will have to look for a new home, at least temporarily. There is fairly bad smoke damage, plus water damage from the suppression efforts. Fire crews are using industrial vacuums to suck up as much water as they could, with a large amount of black water pouring out of a hose stuck through a second floor window.  It’s likely that the first floor apartment below that sustained damage as well.

0 thoughts on “Chicken Fire at 721 24th

  1. Magnetic Induction Cooktops are a solution for kitchen stove-top fires and are more energy efficient. You can buy a portable plug-in unit for around $100. Google magnetic induction cooktop.