Tomorrow is a big holiday here in the neighborhood and across the country as we get ready to cheer on the inauguration of Obama and reflect on what’s changed and what still needs change since the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. was killed almost 41 years ago.
Here’s how you can get involved and make a difference:
- 9:30am – People in Madison Valley are organizing a service day to spruce up the the P-Patch and other public areas in the neighborhood. Sounds like a good way to meet some neighbors and give back on your day off.
- 9:30am – 10:45am – MLK Day workshops, 2nd floor of Garfield High School
- 11:00am – MLK Day Rally – Garfield HS Gym
- 11:00am – Leschi-grrl is trying to organize an impromptu event for neighborhood folks at the MLK Memorial at MLK & S. Walker
- Noon – MLK Day March – From Garfield to the downtown Federal Building on 2nd Ave
- Looking for another way to be involved? ktkeller points out a great resource that can help you take up our almost-president’s call for a day of national service.