Stock up on food and water. Prepare your air raid shelter. Get some earplugs for your dogs and cats.
The Blue Angels will be occupying our air space for four days, starting with two practice sessions on Thursday. Sure, the show can be fun if you’re watching it out on the lake. But here in the CD we live right under the area where they make their tight turns to regroup in between tricks – usually just a few hundred feet above our roofs. It’s as close to a military invasion as most of us are ever likely to see.
Here’s the full schedule for practices and real shows. Note that the I-90 floating bridge will be closed for each:
- Thursday 7/30 – 9:45am to Noon (Practice)
- Thursday 7/30 – 1:15pm to 2:30pm (Practice)
- Friday 8/1 – 12:45pm to 2:40pm (Practice)
- Saturday 8/2 – 12:45 to 2:40pm (Real Show)
- Sunday 8/3 – 12:45 to 2:40pm (Real Show)