I work for UW Dermatology, and want to let people know about a free skin cancer screening taking place on May 23rd from 1-4pm. This is a great chance to get some free health care – and if you are uninsured and need follow-up we will work with you on that. So if any of the following risk factors apply to you, please call 206-543-5290 and make an appointment to get screened!
You are at risk for skin cancer if any of the following apply:
- You have pale skin, hair(blond or red), eyes, or freckles
- You have ever had a bad sunburn
- You are over the age of 35
- You have any moles, freckles, or skin spots that have changed in size, shape, or texture recently
- You have ever regularly used a tanning bed
- You have a family history of skin cancer
Skin cancer is one of the most treatable form of cancers IF it is treated early! Please take advantage and get screened.