Have you made your New Year’s resolution yet? Is your resolution to see if you can step forward to inspire young people and help your community? If so, great news! You can do just that with only a small commitment of time and effort.
For one hour, just once a week on your way home from work, you can go to a nearby Seattle grade school and tutor a child who needs a little extra help with his or her studies. Invest in Youth (www.investinyouth.org) is looking for additional tutors to work with new students to finish out the school year.
Participating in Invest in Youth requires a tutoring commitment of one hour per week (with several holidays) for the remainder of the school year. Upon joining the program, you will be paired with an elementary school student in 2nd through 5th grade and work with that same student for the rest of the year, getting to know his/her strengths and weaknesses while tracking his/her progress from week to week. It is an extremely rewarding experience for both students and their tutors!
We are in need of tutors at the following schools:
- Mondays, Roxhill Elementary School (9430 30th Ave SW in West Seattle), 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Beacon Hill International School (2025 14th Ave S in Beacon Hill), 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays, Madrona K-8 (1121 33rd Avenue in Madrona), 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Wednesdays, Daniel Bagley Elementary School (7821 Stone Ave N in Green Lake), 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Thursdays, Thurgood Marshall Elementary School (2401 S Irving in Judkins Park), 3:50-4:50 p.m.
To learn more or to register as a tutor, please visit: http://www.investinyouth.org/become-a-tutor/ or contact Alison Allen at: [email protected] or 206.316.6356.
Not able to commit to tutoring every week? We are always looking for substitute tutors to help us out!