Seattle University student escapes attacker who threatened sexual assault

A Seattle University student told police a male attacker pushed her to the ground and threatened to sexually assault her as she attempted to escape through campus early Saturday morning. A campus security bulletin about the 3:45 AM attack is below. The student told police she was followed from Pike/Pine by the aggressive male who grabbed her, threw her to the ground and threatened her with sexual assault if she didn’t hand over her phone. The student was able to break free and run away to call police. The suspect is described as a black male, 25 to 35 and was wearing a red jacket with gray stripes on the sleeves. According to SPD radio dispatches, the suspect was not immediately located. If you saw any of the incident or have information that may assist the investigation, call 911.

At approximately 3:45 am, a suspect assaulted, and then threatened to sexually assault a Seattle University student on the north side of Campion hall, in the planted area near James Street.  The student was able to break free from the suspect and was able to then notify the Seattle Police Department.  The suspect was described as having dark skin, was 25-35 years old, clean cut (no facial hair), and was approximately 5’9″-5’11″ tall, wearing a Red rain jacket with Grey stripes down the sleeves, and Blue jeans.

The suspect began following the victim at Broadway and Pine.  The suspect made several attempts to converse with victim who described telling the male to leave them alone and stop following. The victim then crossed Broadway to the east side of the street, and the suspect followed. The victim cut through the wooded area north of Campion Tower where they were they were grabbed from behind and thrown to the ground. The suspect told the victim to give them their phone, or they would be sexually assaulted. The victim was able to break free and run onto campus where they called the Seattle Police Department. The suspect was last seen running west on E. James Street towards Broadway. The Seattle Police and DPS searched the area, but the suspect was not located.

Comments are closed.