20th and Cherry house fire causes $10,000 in damage

A kitchen fire started by unattended food on the stove caused $10,000 in damage in a Central District home this morning.photo

According to the Seattle Fire Department, a caller reported smoke billowing out of the windows of a home in the 700 block of 20th Avenue at 5:52 a.m. Firefighters quickly arrived on the scene and extinguished the flames in four minutes.

The fire managed to destroy kitchen cabinets and spread smoke throughout the home. American Medical Response transported a woman in the home to the hospital as a precaution when the smoke exasperated a medical condition.

Comments are closed.