The Technology Access Foundation prepares underserved children of color for higher education and professional success by providing a rigorous and relevant K-12 curriculum. TechStart is TAF’s free after-school academic enrichment program which uses technology tools in a Project Based Learning (PBL) environment to improve math, science and language literacy for students in grades 1-8. Students gain valuable computer knowledge and communication skills, as well as other essential life skills such as time management, teamwork, fulfilling goals, and presenting information to audiences.
We are currently accepting applications for Classroom Assistants support TechStart teachers. . Volunteers assist the teacher by answering questions, keeping students on task and determining which students need extra support in the areas of Science, Technology, math and reading.
This opportunity is great experience for those seeking a career in teaching. It is also ideal for volunteers who enjoy working with younger children, are passionate about technology, and are looking to be part of a dynamic and diverse learning community.
In addition to Classroom Assistants, TAF has ongoing opportunities to volunteer your time and talent:
- Speakers and guest panelists who contribute to TAF Academy college and career development
- Tutors for TAF Academy students
- Photographers/Videographers to document the growth of our students and programs
- Marketers to lend expertise to fundraising efforts
- Event support assists with fundraisers and special TAF events
- Foundation Support to assist with Marketing, Project Research, Education & Child Development and writers
- General office help for mass mailers, data entry and special projects
Please respond with any question or inquiries. Here is a link to our Website with more information on volunteering. http://www.techaccess.org/Partners/volunteers.html