How about an easy silvan hike that doesn’t require a long drive or putting up with other holiday-weekend travelers? We’ve known about Frink Park for years, but had only walked the northern most part of it that leads from Yesler Way down to the water.
But last week we went through the southern part and found a nice trail and some cool stuff to do along the way:
1. Start at Leschi Park on the waterfront next to the Leschi Market. Walk up the sidewalk into the park, staying left, and go past the restrooms and up the steps
2. Veer right at the top of the steps and continue until you cross Lake Washington Blvd. Follow the trail up the hill, staying to the left at any branches.
3. As you get to the top of the hill, you’ll run into S. Frink Place. Cross it and pick up the trail on the other side
5. Walk back and cross Lake Washington Blvd, and follow the trail on the other side
6. The next time you see a trail to the right, take it and see where the nice little stream drains into a less nice culvert (hey Leschillians! how about a daylighting project?):
7. Go back and follow the trail to its exit on S. King. Walk east on King, cross Lakeside, and check out the pocket park on Lake Washington. Great for a dog swim:
8. Follow the sidewalk back to the Leschi Marina.
View Frink Park Hike in a larger map