King County just updated their vote tallies in yesterday’s primary election, and with approximately 60% of the vote now counted, the team of number crunchers on the CDNews elections desk have made a final call on the race for school board district 5:
Kay Smith-Blum and Mary Bass are going to the general election in November, with 39% and 37% of the vote, respectively. We’re sorry to rule out two long-time CDNews members, but Joanna Cullen and Andre Helmstetter now have virtually no chance of making it into the top two. For example, Andre is in 3rd place with 11.36% of the vote, but he would have to pick up 53% of the remaining votes to move up into the second spot. That is practically impossible. Joanna is in a similar situation with 11.09% of the vote.
All of the other races are very close to last night’s numbers, with the only positional shift in the mayoral race where Mallahan and McGinn have switched places in the top two spots:
- King County Executive: Hutchinson 36%, Constantine 23%
- Mayor: Mallahan 26.76%, McGinn 26.48%, Nickels 25.19%
- Council Position #4: Bagshaw 51%, Bloom 18%
- Council Position #6: Licata 54%, Israel 30%
- Council Position #8: O’Brien 35%, Rozencrantz 20%
- Bag Tax: Failing 57% to 43%
- School District #5: Kay Smith-Blum 39%, Mary Bass 37%, Andre Helmstetter 11%, Joanna Cullen 11%
New numbers will be released every afternoon around 4:30pm.
I think there is a typo in the mayors race
thx – fixed