Phroggey alerted me to this fire that charred a front porch at about 2:15am this morning.
Update: Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Dana Vander Houwen said that the fire started due to inappropriately discarded smoking materials. It was noticed by a passerby who alerted the homeowners and called 911. There were no injuries, and damage was limited to the porch with an estimated value of $1000.
What a shame! That house JUST sold. I had friends looking at the property. I told them they would want a full fence if they did buy it. I wonder if the fire was set maliciously.