It’s a big big Seafair weekend here in the CD, with parades, festivals, aerobatics, and coffee tastings:
The Umoja Fest African American Heritage Festival kicks off at 10:00am on Friday for a weekend long celebration of local culture, games, and entertainment. It’s all happening down at Judkins Park at 22nd & Norman.
Here’s the full lineup for the festival:
- Friday 10:00am – Childrens Day, with all sorts of activities for the wee ones, such as Facepainting, Double Dutch & Jump Rope, Drumming and Percussion, and water park activities
- Friday 4pm-8pm – “Live Over Death” Hip-Hop Youth Empowerment Rally & Talent Showcase
- Saturday Noon – 2pm – Umoja Fest Parade, starting at 23rd & Union and going all the way down 23rd to Judkins Park
- Saturday, after the parade – Soul of the City Awards
- Saturday, 1pm – Heal the Hood Basketball Tourney
- Sunday, 11am – Gospel Fest
And don’t forget that the Blue Angels will be overhead for practice today and two real shows Saturday and Sunday, each from 12:45 to 2:40pm.