At tonight’s EPCPC meeting, Captain McDonagh gave a good update on Monday’s homicide. Here’s what they’re saying:
- The victim’s name has still not been released, but he was a 56 year old African American.
- Police were familiar with the victim from their patrols, where he was out on the streets late at night
- Investigators do have some information from witnesses that were in the area, and homicide detectives are looking for a specific person who they believe was a direct witness to the shooting.
- According to Capt. McDonagh, the crime “Doesn’t appear to be random. We believe the subject was involved with someone else who shot him.
- Contrary to our early reports, investigators think he was shot in the 2500 block of Columbia and didn’t move far before he collapsed.
We’re still watching for the release of the victim’s name and will try to give you as much information as we can find once that is available.