The holiday party is tonight and I noticed that there are 5 or 6 cars parked across the street from the cinema. The east side of 21st between Pine and Union is a no parking area.
The No Parking sign directly across from Central Cinema was knocked down a few years ago and never replaced. I’ve contacted the city to get a new sign put up. Who knows when they’ll get around to it; until then, please remember not to park there so you don’t get a ticket!
Today, Waid Sainvil (of Waid’s Haitian Restaurant and bar at 12th & Jefferson) publicly posted his letter to the liquor control board about license renewal. He writes about his plans for avoiding any further underage drinking incidents:
The following steps are being taken:
• We stopped the 18+ Wednesday nights
• My security staff has taken a security class with the Liq. Board.
• My regular staff is scheduled to go on liquor training.
• More signs are added throughout Waids clearly showing no minors allowed.
• More cameras will be added in the near future.
• Last but not least, that security person mentioned previously has been fired and no longer works for me.
He also gives some back story on the previous occupant of the property and the work he feels he’s done to keep nearby homeowners happy. Full text of the letter on Facebook.