If you’re keeping score at home, hundreds of thousands of people have read Central District News over the years. Below is a selection of some of the most-read CDN posts. Time has not been kind to the CDN archives. The “live update” format of some of the most important early posts has caused a few of the biggest breaking news articles to be left behind as we’ve switched publishing platforms over the years. The site’s minute-by-minute coverage of the 2009 Leschi standoff as police searched the neighborhood for Maurice Clemmons? Lost to history.
Here are some equally important, equally interesting, equally Central District stories that have survived from the site’s beginnings through this final week. Thanks, again, for reading.
- Shooting at MLK and Cherry — UPDATE: Police say victim caught in crossfire
- Clemmons manhunt
- Timothy Brenton murder
- Twilight Exit owner opening new bar in the Thompson’s Point of View space
- How 23rd/Union could become Seattle’s ‘Little Amsterdam’
- Chuck’s Hop Shop CD coming to 20th and Union
- A Neighborhood Saved: History of Thomson Expressway
- Say goodbye to Madrona’s iconic adobe gas station Saturday
- Med Mix fire started intentionally
- Police make arrests, clear Horace Mann
- Protest for Trayvon Martin Sunday at 25th and Jackson
- City signals plan to evict occupiers at 23rd and Alder
- Times still tough at 23rd/Union, Part 1: Post Office is out, is it time for redevelopment?
- Med Mix is open at 23rd and Union (and they’re already busy)
- Mayor walks out of town hall meeting at NAAM due to heckling
- CD History: How segregation shaped the neighborhood
- Man finds thief who stole his lawnmowers, fights him and gets them back
- President Obama’s Re-Election Headquarters for Seattle Coming to Jackson Place
- Taco Truck at 23rd & Union is a full-time affair
- Hundreds of Garfield High students walk out to protest budget cuts
- Seattle rocker and photographer rework historic building at 18th and Union
- Blue Angels boom breaks Leschi woman’s window
- Design team selected for Jimi Hendrix Park
- Pedestrian deaths disproportionately high in Central District
- Patrick Lewis … Charming Central District Panhandler – Actually knocks on your door!
Here ya go:
Thanks much — amazing to see again