Posted by jules as a comment to today’s scanner report:
I just wanted to quickly post a warning for other dog owners whom visit the madrona park/beach/woods area with their dogs now need to be VERY careful. As of wednesday afternoon, 2 dogs were in the emergency vet clinic convulsing from a poison that the vet suspects was possibly slug bait? the vet suggests that someone was intentionally putting the bait out for dogs to eat.
Just please be very aware of your dog if walking or playing in this area as it is a fast way to kill a dog and also rack up a very hefty ER vet bill.